Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

God's Voice



A friend sent this photograph to me
Not sure which program was used to put them on the cover
but she said Justin and Ahram were definitely cover of the magazines material.
Smiles

Thanks everyone for your glorious comments about Ahram and Justin.
I quite agreeā™„
But that is the proud Mother in me.


Subject: God's Voice
A young man had lost his job and didn't know which way to turn. So he went
to see the Parish Priest.

Pacing about the Priests study, the young man ranted about his problem.
Finally he clenched his fist and shouted, "I've begged God to say
something to help me, Father, why doesn't God answer?"

The old Priest, who sat across the room, spoke something in reply,
something so hushed it was indistinguishable. The young man stepped across
the room. "What did you say?" he asked. The Priest repeated himself, but
again in a tone as soft as a whisper. So the young man moved closer until
he was leaning on the Priests chair.

"Sorry," he said. "I still didn't hear you." With their heads bent
together, the Priest spoke once more. "God sometimes whispers," he
said, "So we will move closer to hear him." This time the young man heard
and he understood.

We all want God's voice to thunder through the air with the answer to our
problem. But God's is the still; small voice... the gentle whisper.
Perhaps there's a reason.

Nothing draws human focus quite like a whisper. God's whisper means I must
stop my ranting and move close to Him, until my head is bent together with
His. And then, as I listen, I will find my answer. Better still, I find
myself closer to God. And there is no better place to be.

4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jeanne,

How lovely that they are gracing the cover of a magazine ~ that is so neat.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love and hugs

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Relyn Lawson said...

Yes, they are that beautiful. Take care, my friend.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Marilyn Miller said...

The magazine is really fun! They had such beautiful photographs.

Love the story! I could use that right now.

BTW: You won one of the charms on my giveaway. It's in the mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home