Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Had I Heavens'













I am drawn to the colour purple this year to honor Ahram's February birth stone
the Amethyst.

Look out at the world.
Dream not of what is to come,
but remember what has been found.

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

6 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

I adore lavender shades in my garden and my daughters' birthstone is amethyst!Happy Spring and gardening!

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your gazing ball ~ it looks like mine. You can see all kinds of colors has the sun reflects off of it.
I love the scent of lavender, reminds me of my Mom.
Love and Hugs))

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love and hugs

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Jeanne,

I too love shades of lavender. A few years back I would find myself choosing it in just about everything. At present, I am choosing blue, but lavender will always be a favorite of mine.

Don't you just love sweet little purple pansies.:o)

Smiles....

Beverly

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always loved that poem - it is so romantic and beautiful. And I love amethyst - a stone of insight and protection.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home