Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Tree of Life written by my dear friend Carole Whynott



Photograph taken by my son in New Zealand


My Dear friend Carole just sent me this cook book and I am so anxious to try the fabulous recipes and was proud when she asked me to submit recipes to the cook book she was working on with many for the White Rock Hospice Society in British Columbia Canada.

The recipe book is fabulous and thanks dear Carole and friends for including the ones I submitted into the book.
I shall treasure this cook book always.
Your lovely word all throughout the book are an inspiration to me as always.




My dear friend Carole has written this lovely piece in the front of the cookbook
called "Tree of Life"

I am the ancient tribal fire where our ancestors met
and home of the winged and animals that live withinme.
I am tall and lush and provide your many needs.
I am one of the oldest forms of life on Mother Earth
and have within my plants that bring healing
I am the heart of yor heart on cold winter nights
and your friendsly shade
screening you from summer's hot sun.

I am the log granting you safe housing
and the bedon which you lie
I am the timber of the boart carrying you off to far off places
and the wood that cradles your child each night.

I am the talking stick, and prayer stick,
empowering the one who holds me
while teaching others silence.
The sky is my father and earth my mother
and all things my companion.

I am the paper in this book and
in all the books you read and cherish
I am the "Tree of Life."
Written by my dear dear friend
Carole Whynott
I love you
Thank you for your golden gift of friendship
all through the years.


I love the sound of this Indian Bamboo Flute

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Relyn Lawson said...

Is her name really Why not? Oh my!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love you

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Draffin Bears said...

Lovely photo and enjoyed reading the Tree of Life.

I hope that you are having a happy weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love and hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home