Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So proud of my dear friend Shelagh in Halifax

What she wrote me


Yikes, I've done it! Registered for 6 hours of fitness on January 30th, 2010 at the Metro Center.

BustaMove.ca is a home grown charity event that is uniting the IWK and QE11(for the first time) in a quest to create an integrated Breast Health Centre.100% of the money raised will go towards purchasing digital mammogram machines(yay) I LOVE that! There are sponsors to cover the other admin costs.

I am excited to be doing this because it is a push to get myself healthier. I want to still be standing at the end of it all! (No, really:) and lots of people I love have been touched by cancer and I want to join the fight to eradicate it.

The event will be held at the Halifax Metro Center. 1000 participants. 6 continuous hours of different classes from dance to zumba to yoga! Breaks in between and healthy food on hand.. Richard Simmons is going to be one of the instructors I hear! They also plan on breaking two word records and have Guiness judges on hand. Don't know what those records are. Daunting!!

It is the motivation I need to start getting in shape NOW! I am nervous but excited and am happy to be supporting this cause that has touched my life.

Please donate what you can:) It would mean a lot to me:) If you want more info, please email me.

Thanks so much for reading all this,

If you wish to donate to her cause
she can be reached at

Follow This Link to visit her personal web page and help her in my efforts to support Bust a Move for Breast Health


Go Shelagh♥

2 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger aliceinparis said...

Jeanne!!!! Thanks so much!! You are a star! I really appreciate your getting the word out. I hope some people might sponsor me. $1000 is a daunting sum to raise but I am happy to try because it is going towards new Breast Screening Equipment!
Love You!!!!!!!!!!
Shelagh
http://bustamove.kintera.org/shelaghduffett

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I know you will be successful.
You are a great person helping a great cause........
God and His Angels will bless you
Love Jeanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home