Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

In Loving Memory of Paul Hunt





Me and my dear friend Karen



In loving memory of Paul Hunt

You will live on forever in our hearts

Me and my dear friend Karen celebrating her birthday at our home a couple of summers ago.




I am here for you my dear and precious friend the way you have always
been here for me
I will never forget your love and kindness after Robbie died
You held my hand and stayed with Justin and I and helped ease my extreme suffering
I will do the same for you today tomorrow always♥

And a thousand other friends likewise I will always be there for you
as you have been for me
You know who you are♥
I thank you



My dear friend Karen's husband passed away on Saturday.
Our love and prayers always and we shall see you on Saturday.



Paul Hunt

Paul Gerald Hunt, age 65, of St. Marys and formerly of Stratford passed away peacefully at the St. Marys General Hospital, Kitchener on Saturday March 27, 2010. Born in Stratford, son of Ruth (Racey) Simpson of Stratford and the late Albert (Jack) Hunt and his wife Marjorie Hunt of Stratford.
Paul was a member and Past President of the Rotary Club of Stratford and received the Paul Harris Fellow Award. He was a co-founder of the Stratford Judo Club and just celebrated their 50th anniversary. Paul was also an avid brydge player in Stratford and St. Marys. Beloved husband of Karen (Palmer) Hunt whom he married on June 28, 1986. Loving father of Jeremy Hunt, Leslie Hunt (Ryan), Christie Hunt (Darryn Rae), Jason Hammer (Cecilia), Timothy Hammer (Adriana), Emma Hammer (Chad Healy). Cherished grandfather of Dylan Brecht-Hunt, Maya Hammer Healy, Lexa Hammer Healy, Lola Hammer Tuch, Carina Hammer Tuch and Jayden Hunt Rae. Dear brother of Dale Hunt, Dave Hunt (Lea) and Brenda Musselman (Ken). Also survived by mother-in-law Evelyn Palmer of Tavistock, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law Ted Palmer (Dianne), Pat Palmer (Margaret), Lynda McGowan (Robert) and many nieces and nephews. Besides his father he was predeceased by father-in-law Rev. James Palmer.
Friends and relatives are invited to St. Pauls Anglican Church, 9 Douro Street, Stratford for a time of quiet reflection and contemplation on Saturday April 3rd from 10:30 a.m. until the time of the funeral service at 11:30 a.m. With reception to follow. Reverend Canon Tanya Phibbs will officiate. As expressions of sympathy, memorial donations may be made to the St. Marys Memorial Hospital, St. Marys or the St. Marys General Hospital, Kitchener through the W. G. Young Funeral Home.




Time of quiet reflection & contemplation: St. Pauls Anglican Church
Saturday April 3rd from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Funeral Service: Saturday April 3rd at 11:30 a.m.
at St. Pauls Anglican Church
Donations: St. Marys Memorial Hospital, St. Marys, St. Marys General Hospital, Kitchener


The Next Place by Warren Hanson

The next place that I go
will be as peaceful and familiar
as a sleepy summer Sunday
and a sweet, untroubled mind.

And yet….it won’t be anything like any place I’ve ever been…
or seen…or dreamed of
in the place I leave behind.

I won’t know where I’m going,
and I won’t know where I’ve been
as I tumble through the always
and look back toward the when.

I’ll glide beyond the rainbows.
I’ll drift above the sky.
I’ll fly into the wonder,
without ever wondering why.

I won’t remember getting there.
Somehow I’ll just arrive.
But I’ll know that I belong there
and will feel much more alive
than I have ever felt before.
I will be absolutely free of the things that I held onto
that were holding onto me.

The next place that I go
will be so quiet and so still
that the whispered song of sweet belonging will rise up to fill
the listening sky with joyful silence, and with unheard harmonies
of music made by no one playing,
like a hush upon a breeze.

There will be no room for darkness in that place of living light.
Where an ever-dawning morning pushes back the dying night.
The very air will fill with brilliance, as the brightly shining sun
and the moon and half a million stars are married into one.

The next place that I go
Won’t really be a place at all.
There won’t be any seasons—winter, summer, spring or fall—
Nor a Monday,
Nor a Friday,
Nor December,
Nor July.
And the seconds will be standing still…
while the hours hurry by.

I will not be a boy
or girl,
a woman
or a man.
I’ll simply be just,
simply me.
No worse or better than.

My skin will not be dark or light.
I won’t be fat or tall.
The body I once lived in
won’t be part of me at all.

I will finally be perfect.
I will be without a flaw.
I will never make one more mistake,
or break the smallest law.

And the me that was impatient,
or was angry or unkind,
will simply be a memory.
The me I left behind.

I will travel empty-handed.
There is not one single thing
I have collected in my life
that I would ever want to bring
except….
The love of those who loved me,
and the warmth of those who cared.
The happiness and memories
and magic that we shared.

Though I will know the joy of solitude…
I’ll never be alone.
I’ll be embraced
by all the family and friends
I’ve ever known.
Although I might not see their faces,
all our hearts will beat as one,
and the circle of our spirits
Will shine brighter than the sun.

15 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Much condolence to you and Karen.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love you

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Seawashed said...

my sympathy to your dear friend.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Blessings

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Thank you everyone for your love for my precious friend Karen and her family

Love Jeanne♥

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending prayers.
Hugs))

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

remember Rev. Palmer’s name from St. Mark’s



I want to say he was before Rev. Godden?



I kind of remember Karen’s name and his face looks familiar. I wouldn’t have put the name and face together though.



Sorry to hear about her husband. That is way too young, and now she will be a widow at a very young age as well.



One of my friends at work was with a guy from work her as well and Wally was about 20 years older than her.



He died suddenly at 63 in 2002 so he left her a widow at around 42/43



Awful for both sides, that’s for sure.



Linda

Linda Happy Windsor Ontario

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

She has my deepest sympathy

Ilona Talbot
Toronto Ontario

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Hi Jeanne

Ah, so many going too soon, too young. My sympathy to you on behalf of your friend, Karen. Let us always treasure our loved ones.

"May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day." Indian Proverb

And another thought...
"What I do with today is very important because I will be exchanging a day of my life for it."

Love you, my friend!
E xox

Elaine Sinasac
Windsor Ontario
Canada

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Dear Jeanne,
I am truly sorry to hear of your friend's husbands' passing. She will be in my prayers. Life indeed is too short.
Blessings and Love,
Laurie

Laurie Mayer
USA

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger LUCKI said...

so sorry for both of ya'll loss you are all in my prayers

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Marilyn Miller said...

So sad for your loss of a dear friend. Hugs to you and to Karen.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes
Much love
Jeanne

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger A wildlife gardener said...

Deepest sympathy and love to your dear friend, Karen, and to you too, dear Jeanne...xxx WG

Those whom we love never really die, for they will live in our hearts forever...

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Blessings and much love
Thanks everyone for your love and prayers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home