Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bavarian Snow





Photographs from my Uncle and Aunt in Bavaria
They already had snow this week

Love you both
Thanks for all you share
and your love♥



October Eve

Early one October Eve
(As the sun makes shorter days)
I went upon an evening walk
In the whispering Autumn haze
October nights are crisp and cool
Lit only by a silvery moon
A cricket 'neath a haystack chants
"There'll be a frost--come soon!'
The air's heavy with glistening dew
And lays a blanket on the lawn
It tip-toes in the pumpkin patch
Where it slumbers there 'til dawn
Our old scarecrow sways, and bends
In the cornstalks-- with the breeze
He wears a ragged pair of pants
With patches at his knees
The night owl whispers "who?-- who?--WHO!"
From a perch high in the old oak tree
"Shh...!" what's that scampering in the leaves?
Perhaps some goblins, I can't see?
Suddenly, I see shadows EVERYWHERE
Behind every shed and tree
I'm not sure...but I think I heard---
Some footsteps -----following me!
Smoke wisps ghost-like through the air
As in the October dark, I roam
Its time to end my evening walk...
...And RUN back safely home!

By Shelley D. Stanton - October 2000

My beautiful and talented friend Shelley
and her words are magic
So is she............
Please visit her beautiful blog

Thank you Shelley for all you share and your golden gift of friendship


I love this song


If the Stars Were Mine by Melody Gardot


I love love love music♥

9 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Thank your Aunt and Uncle for sharing such lovely photos. I can't imagine snow this early...
Hugs))

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger debra@dustjacket said...

Oh wow those photo's are gorgeous.

Shelley is so talented, that was just lovely. Thanks for sharing it.
xxx

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Blessings
Much love

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Such beautiful images your Aunt and Uncle have shared. Gorgeous snowy photos. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday Jeanne ♥

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Marilyn Miller said...

Isn't it too soon to snow? I am just trying to adjust to autumn. Thanks so much for visiting me at Delights of the Heart.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love and hugs and kisses
Jeanne

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous jeanmac said...

Absolutely beautiful.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger MeMeMe said...

Beautiful Bavarian snow! Thank you for sharing

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Relyn Lawson said...

Your lucky, lucky Aunt and Uncle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home