Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Slow Me Down Lord

Prayer: Slow Me Down Lord !

Slow me down , Lord !
Ease the pounding of my heart
By the quieting of my mind.

Steady my hurried pace
With a vision of the eternal reach of time

Give me, amid the confusion of my day,
The calmness of the everlasting hills.

Break the tension of my nerves
With the soothing music of the singing streams
That live in my memory.

Teach me the art of taking minute vacations,
Of slowing down to look at a flower,
To chat with a friend, to pat a dog,
To read a few lines from the Good Book.

Remind me each day of the fable
Of the hare and the tortoise
That I may know that the race is not always to the swift;
That there is more to life than measuring its speed.

Slow me down, Lord !
Inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil
Of life's enduring values.

Orin L. Grain

This year I want the pace to be slow and easy
not the rapid rush rush rush that most people assume is necessary for a daily routine.

I hope your 2011 is off to a fabulous start.

.



;;;;;;;;.¸_______________¸;;;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;:¸___________, :;;;;;;;;;¸

:;;;;;;;;;;;;__________, :;;;;;;;;;;;¸

_ :;;;;;;;;;;;, , _______, :;;;;;;;;;;;¸

___:;;;;;;;;;;;;_______, ;;;;;;;;;;;;:

____.•¸:;;;;;;;;;¸_____¸;;;;;;;;;;

_______•¸:;;;;;;¸_____¸;;;;;;;:´

___________•¸:;;;;¸., .¸;;;;;;•

______¸.•;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

____.´;;;;;´D;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

____;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

_____:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

_______•.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

__________.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;.

______(*•.¸ (*•.¸ ¸.•*´) ¸.•* )



The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sea Angels said...

Happy New Year Jeanne xxx
I really like your poem, and the quote at the end both of them ring bells in my head, and I feel I should take note of those very good messages.
Thank you so much for all your lovely messages across the year, I really love to see your name and read them, I know I don't always reply, but I love to visit you and love you calling on me, it means loads..with love
Lynn xxxxx

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

With much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne♥

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Draffin Bears said...

Happy New Year, Jeanne to you and your family and I hope that it will be the best year ever for you.
You always have beautiful things to share, love the poem.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Gill said...

Very sweet and true indeed! xo

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Thank you all for your love and blessings
Love Jeanne

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Absolutely Ladylike said...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season dear Jeanne! Thank you so much for the sweet messages and I wish you all the best for 2011!

Much love to you: Evi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home