Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Saturday, May 01, 2010

May First Rabbit Rabbit



I love those charming brochures from the LCBO
I thought this one appropriate for a French Lesson posted from my friend Corey in France.






Rabbit cookie and wedding cake cookie


Rabbit Rabbit



May first: On this day the French give a branch of Lily of the Valley to one another. It is a tradition to give this flower as a sign of happiness.
From my friend Corey as posted on Facebook.

She also has a posting on her blog
Click on Coreys Tongue in Cheek in the sidebar.

Thanks Corey I love to hear all the traditions around the world.



Our Lily of the Valley growing in our front garden are not quite ready yet no flowers on them in bloom. Soon there will be those fragrant white little bell flowers my beloved Mom loved so much and I do too.

May is such a beautiful month.

Let all thy joys be as the month of May
~Francis Quarles

The month of May casts her magic spell as Springs promies is finally fulfilled. We turn our attention homeward, as we continue to weave simplicity into our daily round.
With fresh eyes and loving heart we reconsider our daily rounds.
We learn to savor everyday epiphanies, as we encounter the sacred in the ordinary.

5 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rabbit, Rabbit Jeanne!
Happy May Day ~
I love lily of the valley too...
love and hugs

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love and hugs

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Seawashed said...

lily of the valley...just the name always allures me...and it's white...and a symbol of purity...and in the book of Song of Solomon.

And soon I will have my very first kitten~ lily.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Blessings and much love

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Absolutely Ladylike said...

Just lovely :-)

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend my dear friend.

Cheers: Evi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home