Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Somebody's Baby



Baby it's cold outsideā™„

Life is a series of a thousand tiny miracles.

I received a Calendar of Hudson's Detroit Michigan's Legendary store that is no more
sadly it closed some years back in downtown Detroit and is now known as Macy's in the suburbs, but the essence is just not the same.
I think those of us close enough to visit all hold a million special memories
of J. L. Hudson's Department store..........
My hope chest was filled to the brim with treasure troves from Hudson's

and I bought Justin a great deal of Carter's baby clothes from Hudsons.
It was a dream come true store and the windows were decorated in New York City style
and they had things you could not get anywhere else.
Ah dreaming of those days and smiling.



Somebody's Baby
She's So fine




Always love to go here too

Next week for Jersey Boys

5 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Marilyn Miller said...

Sad to hear Hudson's has closed. We are losing so many nice department store to large chains. Hudson's was one of my clients many years ago when I worked for Catalina Swimwear.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Hudsons closed in Downtown Detroit quite some time ago and I miss it each day
Love you
Big hugs

Now the stores are called Macy's in the suburbs.

Love you
Jeanne

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Sea Angels said...

Ah I miss the older shops we lost Woolworths and I miss them :-(
Love your picture
Hugs Lynn xx

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Absolutely Ladylike said...

Wishing you a Wonderful New Year dear Jeanne...you look so beautiful on the picture below :-) You should post more picture about yourself...

Have a great week, much love: Evi

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home