Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Spring Fling



All photographs taken by me
Spring will you marry me?
After all you are a Swanky Affair


Swanky Affair



ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN

These are the things I learned:
Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

[Source: "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN" by Robert Fulghum. See his web site at http://www.robertfulghum.com/]

We turn not older with years,
but newer every day

Emily Dickinson


I realized that if I had to choose


I would rather have birds


than airplanes


~Charles Lindberg~


Three Little Birds



Little to the Birds



But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life,
and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.
~Thomas Jefferson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home