Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Sunday

Gabriel Garcia Marquez withdrew himself from public life for health reasons: lymphatic cancer.
Now, it appears, that he is more serious each time.







He sent a letter of good-bye to his friends, and thanks to Internet this letter is being diffused.








It is truly moving this short text written by one of the most brilliant Latin-American writers of his time.







If God forgot for a moment that I am a puppet and would give me a little more time, I would benefit from this time the maximum I could.








I would probably not say all that I think, but ultimately I would think all that I say.








I would give value to the things, not for their value, but for what they mean.







I would sleep little, I would dream more, I understand that by each minute that we close our eyes, we lose sixty seconds of light.








I would walk when others would stop, I would be wake when the others sleep.







If God offered a little more life to me, I would get dressed simple, I would throw myself below the sun, while leaving discovered, not only my body, but also my heart.








To men I would prove how much misled they are by thinking they cease falling in love when they will age, without knowknowing they age when they cease falling in love.







To a child I would give wings, but I would leave it all alone learning how to fly.







Old men I would teach that death does not arrive with old age, but with forgetting.







So many things I have learned from you, humans, I’ve learned that everyone wants to live on the top of the mountain, without knowing that true happiness is in the way of going up the hillside.








I have learned that when a recently born tightens with its small hand, for the first time, the finger of his/her father, he will get caught for always.







I have learned that a man has only the right to look at another from above top, to help him to get up.







So many things those which I could have learnd from you, but they will not really be of much use, because when they keep me in this bag, unfortunately I will die.







Always say what you feel and do what you think.








If I knew today is the last time that I see you sleeping, I would strongly kiss you and I would request from the Lord to be able to be the guard of your heart.







If I knew that those are the last minutes that I see you, I would say to you I love you and would assume not, stupidly, that you know already.








There is always a tomorrow and life gives us another opportunity to make things well, but if I am mistaken and today is all that remains, I would like to say to you how much I love you, and that I will never forget you.







Future is not ensured to anybody, old or young, It can today be the last time that you see those whoyou love. That is why do not wait any more, do it today, since the tomorrow will never arrive, you surely will regret the day that you have not taken time for a smile, an embrace, a kiss and that you were very occupied to grant a last desire to them.








Keep those you love close to you, tell them to the ear how much you need them, love them and treat them good, take time to tell them, sorry, forgive me, please, thank you and all the words of love which you know.







Nobody will remember you by your secret thoughts. Ask the Lord for force and wisdom to articulate them.

Another video to watch and remember


Get Service

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Absolutely Ladylike said...

Happy Valentine's Day dear Jeanne! Your Grandmother is adorable on the picture below. Say hello to her from me :-)

Much love: Evi

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love you my darling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home