Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day






Photographs courtesy of our lovely Ahram
Her students loved the items I sent Ahram for St. Patrick's day
and they learned about it through their lovely teacher our beautiful Ahram.

Thank you God for sending Ahram into our world
A slice of Heaven each day for certain.
She is one of my glimpses of Heaven right here on Earth each and everyday♥







Céad míle fáilte - a thousand welcomes in Gaelic

From a door in the area where we live♥



Another fabulous creation by my dear friend Dani.
I love you my precious friend♥



A Traditional Irish Blessing

Thank you Dani♥


May your Blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
and may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
~Irish Blessing~

From an email I received
Praise God in all circumstances.

"I woke up yesterday morning with a sore heart. You see I live in a city that isn't home, far away from my loved ones. My job can be described as stressful and hard. I pined for my old job back in South Africa, for my car and my family and friends. I prayed hard on these things. The answer to my prayers was a harder day than normal with 3 hours overtime and an hour long delay with trams getting home. I was tired and angry and sad all at the same tine. As I stood in the cold night air my mind wondered to the many times I had worked with the poor and suffering people in the villages and townships in South Africa. How with all their hardships and poverty they still smiled, still laughed and still glorified God. I remember the poor walking miles to work or to Mass in the hot son, singing or chatting with each other. I thought of the words of St Paul to praise God in all circumstances. Then I heard a voice in my heart saying, "praise me". It's not easy living with our hardships at times and yet God allows us to, permits it and yes for our own good. No matter how much we pray or go to Mass we can easily fall into self pity and find no joy. Yet we are called to praise God in all circumstances. So next time you feel down, angry or wanting other things in your life take your circumstance as an opportunity to praise God. He knows what He is doing. Trust Him."


Christ shield me this day: Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me." From the breastplate of St. Patrick

"Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me King of my heart; Christ within me, Christ below me, Christ above me never to part. Christ on my right hand, Christ on my left hand, Christ all around me shield in strife; Christ in my sleeping, Christ in my sitting, Christ in my rising light of my life. Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me King of my heart; Christ within me, Christ below me, Christ above me never to part."


St. Patrick


When I was young my family parish was called St. Patrick's Church

Céad míle fáilte - a thousand welcomes in Gaelic



Mostly photographs taken by me in our home.
Some courtesy of Ahram and Justin
and in Seoul of Ahram's students wearing my shamrocks
I sent her on their cheeks as she teaches them of
St. Patrick's day (a day they do not normally celebrate in Korea)

and the green green of New Zealand
Thank you Ahram and Justin for sharing your pictures
but most of all your love and your hearts.
We all love each other so well.
We are blessed beyond measure.

Luck of the Irish for us all




The Princess had her 2nd birthday yesterday
Ever since she came into our lives we have all been enchanted♥




Fabulous creation from my dear friend Dani
I love you Dani

6 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Marilyn Miller said...

You always have such special pictures and words to share. Thanks!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

You too my lovely friend.
Thanks for the lovely card and your friendship.
You are most precious to me♥

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Jeanne ♣.
Thank you for your sweet comment today and your wonderful news - Congratulations! I hope you find a 4-leaf clover too ♥ Have a wonderful day!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Draffin Bears said...

Lovely post, thank you for sharing Jeanne.
The photos and the words are gorgeous.

Happy St. Patrick's day, dear friend.

Hugs
Carolyn

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Happy St. Patrick's day
May the luck of the Irish be with us all each and every day of the year
Love Jeanne♥

 

Post a Comment

<< Home