Jeanne's Bliss Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday



Taken this morning after massā™„




Photograph from a Google Search


Lord Jesus Christ
by your passion, death and resurrection
ou have set us free from sin and death.
May your grace renew our hearts this Lent
and help us turn from sin in our lives.
May we learn to appreciate more deeply the sacrifice you made for us.
Accept our prayer, fasting and acts of charity as wee seek to
draw closer to you during this holy season.
Strengthen the faith of your people so that we may be a sign of your love to all the world.
Amen

Prayer as seen in our church bulletin from
Good Shepherd Parish
St. Clair Beach Ontario
Canada

Keep your faith in all beautiful things;
in the sun when it is hidden
and in the Spring when it is gone.

Roy R. Gilson





I love this video of students in Korea
preparations for Lunar New Year


I love this video



Matthew 6:5-15

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

3 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger A wildlife gardener said...

Beautiful prayer...beautiful video, dear Jeanne...xxx WG

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Seawashed said...

I looked the same this morning upon returning from Mass. This was my first Lent Mass. My husband is Catholic, I was unchurched, but went to a Christian Camp with the Catholic youth group in my senior year of H.S. and gave my life to Jesus. I have just decided to become Catholic and will attend RCIA in September. Though I have already been baptized as an adult in the beginning of my Christian life. Sister Nancy told me that I will still attend RCIA, just no need to be baptized again. I have found such peace in the Catholic church that I had been longing for. Love you ox Fairmaiden

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you love and hugs this Lenten Season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home